It's Monday, which means a new challenge at Cupcake Craft Challenges. The challenge is to use something recycled.
I have recycled a hessian sack, which previously contained bird nuts and an art canvas.
I saw this idea somewhere on the internet. The idea is to decorate the back of the canvas. I have gone for a Valentine's theme with the idea that little love letters can be tucked inside.
I decorated the sides and the top of the frame with papers from the 7gypsies ~ Avignon and Barcelona lines. Strips of ribbon line the aperture.
The inside is covered with more of the 7gypsies papers. Then I've layered it with lace doilies and a brad.
I made three little tags to go inside and decorated them.
Here are the fronts ...
... and here are the backs.
I decorated a Kaisercraft wooden padlock with words stamped from a PaperArtsy stamp and hung it from a 7gypsies ~ loop & hook display trim.
I stapled the hessian sack to the frame.
I decorated the sack with ribbons and buttons. I made the postcard using a Papermania stamp, added a red vintage postage stamp and tied a Tim Holtz ~ corked vial and pen nib to the postcard with some baker's twine.
I am going to enter this into the following challenges:
- To the one I love ~ Anything goes challenge
- Buttons & bows ~ Crafty Calendar challenge
- Anything goes ~ Simon Says Stamp Challenge
- Lovely lace ~ Paperplay Challenges
- Frames ~ Creative Belli Challenge
- P for polka dots ~ Created by ATDML
- Pearls & lace ~ Totally Papercrafts
- Ribbons ~ Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
- Lots of layers and embellies ~ Crazy 4 Challenges
- 3D Valentine ~ Just Us Girls
- One or more hearts ~ Allsorts
- Diamonds or pearls ~ Stamptacular Sunday
- Polka dots ~ Fussy & Fancy Friday