Saturday 4 April 2015

keep a green bough in your heart

Good morning and Happy Easter!

Today I have another whimsical girl to share, being the second in my 'learning to draw' process.

I drew the girl in pencil onto a clear gesso background and then coloured all skin areas with PanPastels. My first time using this medium and I think I like them :)!


I have built up her face with various pencils, including pastel pencils (another new addition to my craft room!).

The background is painted with Dina Wakley ~ Midnight Acrylic Paint.

I thought the hardest part to do would be her hair. My intial sketch wasn't looking too good! However, in the end, it was the part I enjoyed the most and I am pleased with the result.

As you can see, my bird underwent a little operation and changed shape completely! I think I need a lesson in drawings birds!

The sentiment is from the  Dina Wakley ~ Scribbly Birds stamp set.


Thank you for looking.

Keeley

1 comment:

Lin said...

This is gorgeous Keeley, and would have been perfect for our Wings challenge, but sadly you blogged it after it closed!

I have just bobbed by to remind you that I emailed you to ask you for your full name so that I can organise your Woodware prize from the last Mirror Crack'd challenge that you won. I figured it's probably went in the trash so thought I would ask you here instead.

Lin
The Mirror Crack'd