Friday 3 October 2014

keep out ... mixed media door hanger



Hello! This week at Crafts 4 Eternity the challenge is to use three elements beginning with the same letter. I have: white, wood and words!

I choose to decorate a wooden doorhanger.


I started off with by covering the hanger with a layer of patterned paper, covered part of it with a doily and then got to work with stencils, paint and ink.



Then I used a Tim Holtz Halloween blueprint, which I stamped out several times on the same patterned cardstock which I had used as my base. I cut a few layers and layered it up.

Finally I added some words with a few stickers, which I distressed up a bit.


I am entering this in at the following challenges:
Thank you for looking.

Keeley

4 comments:

Pia S said...

The textured background looks fabulous! This would be perfect for a teenager, it's a cool design!

michele said...

Gorgeous Keeley! Love the texture and dimension have a good week hugs x

Patty Sue 2 said...

Great job on decorating this wooden hanger! Thank you for joining us at ABC CHALLENGE! Good luck and please join us again. I look forward to seeing more of your lovely work!

Juls said...

Great project :-) xx