Monday 9 July 2012

remember cherished moments: bo bunny weekend market album


Today I have a book for you which I made from scratch! It has taken forever, but I am using this for the Cupcake Craft Challenge where this week, we have a theme of numbers. I have numbers as a theme which runs throughout this album, starting with the front cover.

Warning: Photo heavy post!

Every now and then, I get the urge to immerse myself in a huge project. I have a rough idea of what I want to make, but until it is finished, I have no idea how it will end up.

Looking down from the top.


Here is the front cover, which I didn't make until towards the end. I made the pages first, but I knew which paper I wanted to reserve for the front cover. Love those little filing cabinet drawers.

Papers used throughout: Bo Bunny ~ Weekend Market. I've used the 12 x 12 and 6 x 6 versions. I tried to keep it as masculine looking as possible, but was longing to reach for the flowers and bling!

I've added a piece of burlap (hessian, to us in the UK! but I prefer the word burlap) and added some Prima chipboard pieces. In fact, I've used quite a few Prima bits & pieces throughout this album. The handle is by 7gypsies.


Inside cover. Just patterned cardstock, but plenty of room to add a photo in the open space.


I only have three pages inside this album, but each page forms a pocket.

Pocket 1 front:


This page also has it's own expanding pocket. I made a mini album to go in there and held it in place with a Tim Holtz ~ Hinge Clip to stop it moving about as the pages are turned.


For each pocket, I have made two pull out pages, so that there are six in total.

Pocket 1 front tabs: 


Pocket 1 back:


For the detail, I used a Maya Road ~ Chipboard shape which I covered with paper.


Pocket 1 back tabs. I used Tim Holtz ~ Tickets to create the tabs.


Pocket 2 front:


For this page, I have added a pocket, to which you could add a photo to the polka dot front and then more to the pull out tag.


I also added a mini album created using the Tim Holtz ~ Bird Cage Die.  I added a Prima bird nest to it. Love these!


And open:



Pocket two tags front:



Pocket 2 back:


Pocket 2 has a pull out tag, in keeping with the 'book' theme of this page.


Pocket 2 tabs back:


Pocket 3 front:


It has a pull out card from the pocket which opens up.


The side panels open out to reveal three panels on this side.


and four panels on the other side when flipped over.


Pocket 3 tabs front:


Pocket 3 back: The 'moments' is cut with the Tim Holtz ~ Moments die.


I have two pull out cards and an envelope in the pocket.


Pocket 3 tabs back.


Inside back cover.


And back cover.


The spine. I was aiming to create a leathery effect. I made this last, starting with Tim Holtz ~ Grunge Paper. I dabbed this with Pitch black paint dabber and then ran it through the Tim Holtz ~ Damask embossing folder. I then rubbed some gold all over with my finger, which caught mainly on the raised parts. I have finished with some 7 gypsies ~ dome studs. Would have liked to have used more, but they are expensive for what they are. I took off the tacky foam pads they came with and glued them on with glossy accents.



Then I punched some holes, added eyelets and some ball chain with a Prima 'remember' wooden embellishment dangling.

Finally, I am entering this in at the following challenges:

Thank for looking.

keeley

27 comments:

Kara Lynne said...

I can't get over this masterpiece!! All the work you put into this is so obvious in all of your amazing details. Just gorgeous!

Louise said...

Amazing project keeley it must have taken ages but definitely worth it,I totally love it.
Hugs louise xx

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Wow what a stunning piece, a fabulous selection of papers and beautifully laid out. Love your layered bird cage and the nest is fabulous. Love all the tickets and a lovely mix of elements. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stwmp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness girl!!!This is AMAZING!!! Such beautiful details! You must have put a lot of love in this! This would fit perfectly our theme over at It's All About The Vintage and beauty challenge! Have a wonderful day sweety! Hugs and sunshien

Faye said...

Keeley, this is THE MOST AMAZING project. Never mind you burying yourself in it, I got lost looking at all the details. Have a great week. xx

Riet said...

This is so wonderful Keeley.

Hugs Riet.xx

jimlynn said...

Huge project but so well worth it - STUNNING creation! Love all the details on this fantastic album. So pretty.
Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash.
Lynn

Judy Biggerstaff said...

Great job on your masterpiece.

Unknown said...

Thanks hun for joining us over at It's All About The Vintage & Beauty challenge! Good Luck! Hugs and sunshine

Debbie said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love it all. Fabulous details and I love the paper!

Debbie
^..^

Nikki said...

WOW!! Stunning work xx

Debbie (Little Gingham Bear) said...

Wow! What a lot of work but soooo worth it - absolutely stunning xx

Brodders said...

Stunning work Keeley :) You must be so proud of it :)have a fab week -Jane x

Liza said...

A fabulous project Keeley, it must have take you ages but so worth it.

Liza x

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

This is brilliant Keeley! An album to treasure, fabulous papers and design, well done girl!

Warm hugs
Maarit

Patty Sue 2 said...

I am amazed at the detail you have put into this project...a true labor of love. Thank you for joining us at ABC's challenge! Good luck and I hope we se more of your lovely work on the 15th!

xxxtglxxx said...

Oh my days, what an amazing project!! :) Stunning Keeley, this must have taken hours!

Its a real heirloom piece so many gorgeous details, I just cant stop looking at it!

BRILLIANT!

hugs

xxalisonxx

Jenn said...

Oh my, what an amazing book! I am in awe of the pictures, you can tell how much love went into it, it's fabulous! Thanks for joining us at ABC Challenges!

Shelly said...

Hi Keeley! Wow this is a huge project... and stunning! You must have been really pleased with this, love it! Shelly x

Grenouille Greetings said...

I'm speechless! Gobsmacked in fact! When you wrote at the top that your post was going to be photo heavy - you weren't kidding and I'M SO PLEASED that it was. I have so enjoyed admiring every single picture and every single detail within every photo. This is amazing! I mean ... AMAZING! Please, please, please will you now make a tutorial to show all the interesting folds your achieved. Thank you so much for sharing! Hugs, Lesley

Trish Latimer said...

Gorgeous!! So much detail...its lovely! i love how you have layered up the birdcage die, and the nest is just perfect! Trish x

Alica said...

oh wow! what a project! Amazing! So many details and it all looks fabulous!
Thank you for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Hugs, Alica ;)

Donna said...

Wow Keeley, this is amazing and you can see from your piccy's how labour intensive it was...well worth the effort though and what a fantastic keepsake :) Donna ♥ x

Anonymous said...

Wow, what an amazing creation, just fantastic!
Helen x

Sheryl said...

Wow! Keeley, This is outstanding! I just love each and every special detail! What a labor of love! I would never have the patience!
Thank you for joining us at Fussy and Fancy for our Fancy Folds challenge!
Warmest Hugs, Sheryl

Heidi said...

Wow this is absolutely stunning!
Amazing:)
Beautiful papers and details.
Thank you for joining us at Vintage utfordringen.
Hugs, Heidi:)

Glimpses of My Heart said...

Wow Wow Wow!!! Simply amazing!!
Blessings,
Michelle