Today I have a book for you which I made from scratch! It has taken forever, but I am using this for the Cupcake Craft Challenge where this week, we have a theme of numbers. I have numbers as a theme which runs throughout this album, starting with the front cover.
Warning: Photo heavy post!
Every now and then, I get the urge to immerse myself in a huge project. I have a rough idea of what I want to make, but until it is finished, I have no idea how it will end up.
Looking down from the top.
Here is the front cover, which I didn't make until towards the end. I made the pages first, but I knew which paper I wanted to reserve for the front cover. Love those little filing cabinet drawers.
Papers used throughout: Bo Bunny ~ Weekend Market. I've used the 12 x 12 and 6 x 6 versions. I tried to keep it as masculine looking as possible, but was longing to reach for the flowers and bling!
I've added a piece of burlap (hessian, to us in the UK! but I prefer the word burlap) and added some Prima chipboard pieces. In fact, I've used quite a few Prima bits & pieces throughout this album. The handle is by 7gypsies.
Inside cover. Just patterned cardstock, but plenty of room to add a photo in the open space.
I only have three pages inside this album, but each page forms a pocket.
Pocket 1 front:
This page also has it's own expanding pocket. I made a mini album to go in there and held it in place with a Tim Holtz ~ Hinge Clip to stop it moving about as the pages are turned.
For each pocket, I have made two pull out pages, so that there are six in total.
Pocket 1 front tabs:
Pocket 1 back:
For the detail, I used a Maya Road ~ Chipboard shape which I covered with paper.
Pocket 1 back tabs. I used Tim Holtz ~ Tickets to create the tabs.
Pocket 2 front:
I also added a mini album created using the Tim Holtz ~ Bird Cage Die. I added a Prima bird nest to it. Love these!
Pocket two tags front:
Pocket 2 has a pull out tag, in keeping with the 'book' theme of this page.
Pocket 2 tabs back:
Pocket 3 front:
It has a pull out card from the pocket which opens up.
The side panels open out to reveal three panels on this side.
and four panels on the other side when flipped over.
Pocket 3 tabs front:
Pocket 3 back: The 'moments' is cut with the Tim Holtz ~ Moments die.
I have two pull out cards and an envelope in the pocket.
Pocket 3 tabs back.
Inside back cover.
And back cover.
The spine. I was aiming to create a leathery effect. I made this last, starting with Tim Holtz ~ Grunge Paper. I dabbed this with Pitch black paint dabber and then ran it through the Tim Holtz ~ Damask embossing folder. I then rubbed some gold all over with my finger, which caught mainly on the raised parts. I have finished with some 7 gypsies ~ dome studs. Would have liked to have used more, but they are expensive for what they are. I took off the tacky foam pads they came with and glued them on with glossy accents.
Then I punched some holes, added eyelets and some ball chain with a Prima 'remember' wooden embellishment dangling.
Finally, I am entering this in at the following challenges:
- Vintage Udfordring ~ Vintage Anything Goes
- Simon Says Stamp & Show ~ Layered
- Shopping Our Stash ~ Triple Treat (I have lace, diecut and dry embossing)
- Fussy & Fancy Challenge ~ Fancy Folds
- ABC Challenge ~ S for Surprise
- It's All About the Vintage Challenge ~ Vintage Anything Goes
Thank for looking.