Sunday 17 April 2011

all that jazz


I just love jazz music, do you? This is my entry (for which I am very late) for our challenge at Crafts 4 Eternity. This week, we have a recipe challenge: a doiley, a charm and a feather. Now I must admit, I'm all out of feathers apart from the ones that my cat leaves strewn all over the patio, so that sent me rummaging through my paper stash looking for cardstock with feather patterns on them. Surprisingly there were quite a few, but as soon as I came across this one: Graphic 45 ~ Curtain Call, I knew that this was the one I wanted to play with. I have used a little strip of the peacock feather cardstock in my piece.


I distressed a tag using a Tim Holtz technique and stamped it with stamps from Graphic 45 ~Curtain Call 3 collection.


Added a lace doiley ...


... and a mini tag with a Tim Holtz ~ Type Charm.


I am going to pop this in at the following challenges:

'distressing': Simon Says Stamp & Show.
'dancing shoes/vintage': Created By Hand.
'vintage': Truly Scrumptious.
'truly dimensional': Papertake Weekly.

Thank you for looking.

keeley

8 comments:

Robyn said...

fun collage and take on the theme.
Thanks for sharing with Created Byhand

Faye said...

The way you've included your feather is very clever and the whole piece, is, as ever, gorgeous. xxx

Amanda said...

Hi love what you have created. I recently bought both the papers and the stamps but haven't used the yet. Seeing what you have made they are coming out to play!
Amanda

Candy C said...

Hello! LOVE the piece you are entering into Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge! Love the colors, the layering and elements you used. Very nicely done! Thanks for joining us at the challenge! <3 Candy

Riet said...

This is so beautiful Keeley.

Hugs Riet.xx

Yogi said...

very nice. Nice take on the theme. Thanks for playing along with Created By hand this week

michele said...

Beautiful card Keeley love the way you have used feather paper very clever! hugs xx

Unknown said...

wow it's fabulous.
Hugs
Catherine