Friday 25 March 2011

steampunk paperbag album graphic 45

Hi, at Crafts 4 Eternity this week, the challenge is: add a hidden element to your project. Uhmmmm, think I might have gone over the top a little! 

Now I must warn you now, that this is an extremely long post with like a gazillion photos in it, so either grab yourself a cuppa or hop away now ...

Before I carry on, I am going to enter this into the following challenges:

'anything but a card': Saturday Challenge and Tuesday Throwdown.
'embossing': Paper Sundaes.
'ribbons, pearls/rhinestones, flowers': A Spoonfull of Sugar.
'ladies day': My Time To craft.
'Mother's Day/Girlie': Simon Says Stamp Challenge. I have gone for girlie.
'embellishments beginning with C': Creative Belli. I have clocks.
'tags': Truly Scrumptious.

I will let the photos do most of the talking - click on any photo to get a better view. I actually started this just after Christmas and it has been on and off my craft table ever since. I was spurred on to get it finished when I saw the c4e challenge this week.

Front cover

I've used corrugated card for the front and back covers, to which I've smeared on some gesso and randomly embossed with gold embossing powder.

For the 'Time Flies', I stacked some buttons up, embossed them a bit with gold and then used rub ons for the letters. 

All of the sheer clocks used throughout the album are by Maya Road. The door knob and all the large sprocket wheels etc are Tim Holtz.

All papers used throughout are from the Graphic 45 ~ Steampunk Debutante collection. 

The metal piece being pinched between the fingers is the pull of a zipper which I've had sat in an old sewing box for at least two decades. I always knew I'd find a use for it one day! I've stuck on some watch innards and added some gold embossing powder.

Do you want a peak inside?

Inside front cover

I cut out the frame and stuck it to a piece of chipboard, which I've then added foam pads underneath to make it stand up a bit. A photo can now be slotted down the top of the frame.

Paper bag 1 front
There are lots of little pull out tags and cards throughout the album, which can be used as journalling spots or to add photos.

You will also see a lot of gold embossing! I've used the Tim Holtz ~ Speckle Stamp with gold embossing as a theme running throughout the album.

Paper bag 1 - back

A little card has been tucked in the side pocket.

Paper bag 1 - tag


Paper bag 1 - back and Paper bag 2 - front

Paper bag 2 front has it's own little book attached.


Which opens out like this. The right had side is a pocket that a tag needs to go into.


And flips up like this ... Again the butterfly border has been mounted onto chipboard and raised up with foam pads so that a photo can be tucked into the gap.

And turns again like this ...
More watch innards.
Here is the tag for this pocket.
 Paper bag 2 - back


Paper bag 2 - back and paper bag 3 - front

Paper bag 3 - front

This page is my absolute most favourite of them all. Which is your favourite? 

Took me forever to work out how I was going to do it, because it was a pocket side, but I got there in the end and I'm really pleased with the end result. A few photos on this page to show you what I did.
I used the tailor's dummy from the Sizzix Tim Holtz ~ Sewing Room die to carefully cut out the bodice of the dress from the paper. I cut another piece from chipboard, stuck the two together. A bit of gold embossing to the edges.

Then I did something I've seen around in blogland a lot. I cut the Sizzix Tim Holtz ~ Birdcage die out of grunge paper, painted it with espresso paint and added some gold embossing. I had to cut off the bottom of the cage to make it fit the page, but it looks like more of a skirt this way, I think.
I added some ribbon, a trinket pin and raised the whole lot up on foam pads and stuck it back down onto the gap in the paper that I had originally cut out from.

I did the same for the bottom.
I thought the sentiment on the tag for this pocket appropriate, with that tight corset!
Paper bag 3 - back

The hinge, my other half brought back for me from the hardware store (along with a few others). Bless. Much cheaper than the ones from the craft shops,  he said and cheaper still as I didn't have to pay for them. LOL!
Ignore the gems which decided to do a little dance on the page when I wasn't looking. They're all fixed now.

Another Maya Road clock which I embossed and added a yummy Teresa Collins brad.
Paper bag 4 - front

Another frame which a photo can be slid behind.


Paper bag 4 - back

Cards and tags.

Almost there!

Inside back cover

More clocks and a lovely chunky Teresa Collins brad.

Back cover


All tied together with black ribbon.


Well if you got all the way to the end, THANK YOU for taking the time to look.

keeley

14 comments:

Ittybittyinkspotstoo said...

OMG THIS IS UNBELEIVABLE!!! My jaw is sitting on my robe! WOWOWOWOW! Stunning! Brilliant! Gorgeous! Awesome!
Supercalifragilisticexpealidocious!

Kate Vickers said...

WOW! I love your album! Your button idea is fabulous too! I never would have thought of that! I may have to borrow this idea (if you don't mind). I found you from the G45 Blog. I commented after you on today's post! Great Blog, check out mine too when you have a moment. Nothing G45 on there at the moment, but I'm planning out a Once Upon a Springtime page.

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Lovely!

Thanks for joining us on our "Anything but a card" challenge on SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE :)

Hugs Jane x

downrightcrafty said...

Truly awe inspiring such attention to detail adore this fabulous creation and thank you so much for sharing it with us at the SCSC
Hugs Kate xx

Riet said...

Wowwwwww Keeley,this is so wonderful.

Hugs Riet.xx

Helen said...

Wow - this is absolutely stunning!
Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
Helen x

Sandy Ang said...

I am totally blown away and would have loved it if you got this done in time for my challenge #2. You totally rock Steampunk with the distressed corrugated cardboard, those gears and the birdcage !

Alica said...

oh wow! What a project! Each page is amazingly detailed and unique! So well put together!
Thanks so much for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

Heather said...

This is one mind blowing creation Keeley - I love it, so many amazing details - a work of art to be treasured forever!!!!

So glad you shared this with us at both Truly Scrumptious and the Simon Says Stamp challenge,
hugs
Heather xx

debby4000 said...

WOW I'm speechless this is so amazing.
luv
debby

michele said...

Oh my word Keeley this is just stunning! beautiful piece of work with so much detail. hugs xx

Juls said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!! This is just such an amazing project, I have enjoyed taking a good long look at it, trying to take in every detail!!! I love the mix of textures, the gorgeous vintage feel to it with the fabulous imagery and gorgeous muted papers...I Love all the gold embossing, and all your little charms and details that finishing it off perfectly, it must have been such a lot of work, but well worth it. Thank you for your inspiration! Hugs Juls

genagirl said...

I love steampunk so I'm always doing random searches for it. Yours came up and I am totally in love with your album. There are some really brilliant ideas that I want to try. Thanks for inspiring me!

Andrea said...

Oh wow - I love it more than I can say! So much wonderful details.So great work!!!
Big hug
Andrea-Emmi41