Thursday 23 December 2010

head over heels: Day 5 ~ Tim Holtz 12 Tags of Christmas 2010


Hello there, it's almost CHRISTMAS!! I can't quite believe that it is Christmas Eve tomorrow. I'm feeling a bit blah at the moment with some nasty cold/flu virus. I've had it for a few days now but hoping to recover in time for THE BIG DAY!!

I'm not even sure I like this one. This is my take on Tim's Day 5 Tag. I was quite liking the tag until I went to do the enamelled number thing, which is when it all went wrong. I was using the white pearl paint as I didn't have the colour he uses and it didn't quite have the same effect. I kept adding layers of UTEE and heating it and ended up in a right old mess, not to mention scalding my fingers a few times. Then when I added black paint dabber, it looked nothing like enamel. Sooooo, I heated it all up again and scraped the whole lot off. 

Then I pressed the numbers into a white ink pad and embossed from there and used brown ink to make match the rest of my tag more.

 
I've put a layer of spotty fabric underneath the numbers.

The image stamp is PaperArtsy ~ At Home: Plate 2. The papers are from My Mind's Eye ~ Lost & Found collection.
I'm going to enter this into the following challenges:
'anything goes': Papertake Weekly, Simon SaysAllsorts.
'something with a tag or pocket': Stamp Something.

I just want to wish everybody who visits my blog a Very Merry Christmas! I will be back again in a few days with my Day 6 tag.
Thank you for looking.

keeley

7 comments:

Riet said...

What a wonderful card Keeley,I love the image and your papers.

Merry Christmas.
Hugs Riet.x

Juls said...

Fabulous!!!! Loving the crackle effects!!! Hugs Juls

Anonymous said...

Wow, stunning!! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Papertake Weekly this week! Hope you have a very happy Christmas! :o)

Sandy Ang said...

Keeley, Wishing you Joyeux Noel and a wonderfully creative year ahead !

Mummylade said...

wow, that is some amazing work! Thank you so much for entering the Allsorts challenge with this project and good luck!

Heather said...

It's fabulous Keely - it might have gone all wrong but the end product and the crackling and inking look fantastic. Love the PaperArtsy image.

So glad you could join us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge, hope you had a great Christmas,
hugs Heather xx

Unknown said...

Missed this one, taking a break from blogging, love the colours and the tag with the numbers.
Chris x