Friday 19 June 2009

Sugar Nellie ~ Duda Daze Release ~ Blog Hop!

The day has finally arrived for the Sugar Nellie ~ Duda Daze stamp release blog hop!!

Sugar Nellie are today releasing a new set of stamps by designer Diane Duda and I was lucky enough to win one to create an entry for this blog hop.

I made a photo scrapbook album and here it is. Just click on the photos to get a closer look!
Isn't she just darling! I had so much fun with this stamp. This design is called Frog Prince and you will be able to find her for sale here along with the rest of the Duda Daze collection.
For the album I made a front and back cover shaped like a crown to match the crown on the Princess's head. This is her castle! All patterned papers used are from the K & Co ~ Dollhouse collection.
I created a doorway for the princess to stand in. It looks like she's already found her prince! I coloured her with my copics. She was a real pleasure to colour. I can't wait to create with the other stamps in this series.
I had a piece of chipboard which had already been inked up and crackle painted, left over from a previous project. To add a little dimension, I stamped her crown onto the painted chipboard and cut it out.
I made a little 'Love' sign to hang from the top of the door. I again used a piece of the painted chipboard and glued on a Heidi Grace acetate. I painted the edges and made some holes to hang the sign.
I created a door for the castle by inking up a piece of chipboard with Tim Holtz ~ Distress Inks and then covering it with Crackle Paint. When it was dry I cut the chipboard into strips and created the door. The hinges are Grungeboard shapes which I just inked up and glued to the door. Once the door was assembled, I added a layer of Crackle Accents.
I glued a Maya Road acetate clock to a piece of crackle painted chipboard, painted the edges and added a pink brad to hold the clock hands.
The double layered zig zag border above the doorway and running across the top of the castle was made with my Martha Stewart ~ Zig Zag Embossed border punch. I then machine stitched a strip of wide ric rac ribbon to it using a zig zag stitch.
The little flowers dotted around on the castle walls were made using my Martha Stewart ~ 3-in-1 Hydrangea punch. I added tiny mini brads to the centre. The 'Little Princess' and 'Once Upon a Time' titles were cut from the K&Co papers and glued to chipboard before painting the edges.
Here is the back cover. I decorated it using a similar layout to the front but without the embellishments.
I bound the spine with my Bind-It-All and added some ribbons.
Phew!
Well now you need to hop along to see Penni at Lazy Cats Cards to see the next creation in the blog hop! She creates some fabulous work so I can't wait to see what she has come up with. Don't forget to follow the hop through and leave some nice comments! I'm off to have a look at all the other lovely creations now.
Thank you for looking.
kat - keeley
having a {me} day

70 comments:

PinksyDoodles said...

This is fantastic Kat.
Clare x

Anonymous said...

Really love this BIA photo scrapbook youve created - beautiful!

Penni said...

Hi Kat

Love the Duda Daze Stamp you got - she's just as beautiful as mine.

Love what you've created with her - you're so talented.

Hugs
Penni
X

crafty amy said...

Wow this is amazing I love it! This image is super cute and I love the way that the whole thing is like a scene it works so well.

X Amy X

Joey said...

Hi Kat,

oh this is just awesome, such a clever idea, the details are gorgeous.

Joey.xxx

Janiel/ janny said...

I love the scene you have done with this... very cute! janny

Rosalien Zwackhalen said...

Just fab. :)) What can I say? I love the scene and the way you made an album out of it. Great.:))

Rosalien

Crafting Andy said...

Great creation. Loving them all.
Andrea.xx

Powerful Search Engine said...

This is so creative and original Katy I love the details as you keep wanting to come back to see more, hugs pascale

jenny said...

Fabulous creation, I love the scene you've created and all the beautiful details x

Jenny x

Juls said...

gorgeous!! Its totally amazing just really love what you have done with your stamp! I am feeling really inspired.

Renata van Miltenburg said...

It's so funny to see the different style of all the girls. The same stamps but such different cards, love it!

Lovely that you made an album. Love all the details like the clock and the wooden door.

Sunny regards, Renata

kuya said...

This is such a great idea/project. And I love your attention to all that detail. Really stunning.

Naoual said...

This is absolutely brilliant, so clever! I love the little scene you created and how you made an album instead of a card. Way to think outside te box, great job Kat!!

xx Naoual

Artyjen said...

Thanks for sharing your creation.....such fun...I've already ordered the upside down one before I continue on the blog hop!.....I need that stamp :)
xoxo

NormaJean said...

wow amazing!! its just beautiful!!!
hugs normajean

Machin Stamps said...

This is sooo fabulous, what a wonderful idea.

ros said...

uve done an awesome album with this gorgeous stamp. so cute

Anjou Krelovich said...

Wonderful scrapbook! What a perfect use for this little sweetie!

Jane said...

Wow well done this is amazing! x

Lilian said...

Just beautiful! Love the door idea! Beautiful coloring of the cute image! Thanks for sharing!

Kim Costello said...

Wow! Kat this is Fabulous!!! love what you've done with this image, gorgeous colouring, great blog hop HuGs Kim :)

Anonymous said...

Wow.. amazing project and makes me want to get my BIA out!
Love it, hugs, Marlene x

Kruemel said...

This is so stunning! Love that scene you´ve created - and your colors are beautiful.
Kathrin aka Kruemel

Wiccababe said...

what a fab album, so cute
have a great day
Debbi
xx

Liza said...

Stunning album, I just love all of your detail.

Liza x

Scrapbookdoll said...

love your work
marie-anne

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

Kat...what a fabulous creation..awesome and pretty too!
Hugs,
Charlotte

Kim Dellow said...

Oh how totally adorable, I love the gate. Kim

craftyb said...

Perfect setting for this image...fab creation! bx

Jenn Borjeson said...

OH. MY. GOSH. This is stunning. LOVE it!!!!!!!

Susan said...

Wow - great album, love it
Keep well
SuzyX

katy said...

What a lovely project...gorgeous colours, love Katy x

Claire said...

This is lovely Kat!! What a fab idea!!! Claire x

Julies Crafty Creations said...

Wow a lot of time must have gone into this project Hugs Julie x

april_sp1 said...

Wow! This is amazing. Whomever this is going to is sure to fall in love with it. I love the door, and all of the other details you have added! :)

helen said...

wow !!! this is stuningly amazing i love all the detail you've put into it, its fabulous
hugs
helen x

V said...

Wow! That photo album is just fabulous!

JPScraps said...

Awesome! I love it!

Anonymous said...

fabulous creation, love it !

Justliketink said...

Love your project how cute, alot of thought went into this, great job!!!

Lesley said...

What a lovely little scene you've created. I enjoyed looking at all the details you've put in!

Zoe said...

Such a gorgeous project!! I love the way that she is standing in teh doorway!
Zoe x

Kimmi said...

How sweet in this album. I just love the colour scheme and you've coloured your image so beautifully. I love her in pink. seen her in lots of colours. Love the clock and the 'once upon a time' sentiment.
Enjoy your weekend
Kimmi

Anne said...

Wow what a fantastic album, you've put a lot of work into this, lovely!

Tracey said...

Stunning "castle" book :o)

x

Jenni said...

Absolutely LOVE this!
Jenni x

CraftyC said...

Wow, what an amazing page, iss just so beautiful!
Clairex

Anonymous said...

oh wow this is stunning, i adore the colours and all the little details you have used, and ooo isnt that stamp sooo cute, me must get that one too :)


xx

Martine

Gunn (Merete) said...

This is truly amazing. Love it.

Sian said...

Oh wow, stunning album :)

Sian
XX

Victoria said...

Stunning Kat. Nice to see something a little different! Fab papers and colours!
Hugs, vicky -x-

Andrea said...

This is absolutely fabulous - what a fantastic idea! Love your colouring!

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

LOVE what you made!!

Elaine said...

Oh wow! This is gorgeous, I love it!

Lainy's Little Blog said...

Such a cool card featuring this stamp. Fantastic! Hugs, Lainy xxx

♥ Lydia ♥ said...

♥ Absolutely gorgeous!! ♥

Shelley said...

Wonderful project. It must have taken you hours. Love the colours and embellishments. Anyone would love to have it. hugs Shelley

Jessica said...

I love your work, TFS

sugarnellie said...

It's true, you have to kiss a lot of frogs to find your Prince :)

Love your card and all the work you put into it, a huge thank you for taking part.

Karen

Denimo said...

Now talk about creative!! This card has it all... and more!!! Nice job Kat!!

Kat said...

What an amazing castle for the little princess! Fantastic

Jacilynn said...

super cute! I love this.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful.

Tracy said...

That is gorgeous,love it!

Michelle said...

What a wonderful creating you have made. Any wee girl would just love it forever
Michelle
xxx

Suzanne said...

This is fantastic
Suzanne x

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is just beautiful! Great creation and fabulous colouring.
Vanja

Julie said...

Beautiful creation! - beautiful stamps

Marie Rayner said...

This is so sweet. I just LOVE what you did with this. Great job!