Monday 1 June 2009

40th birthday

I needed to make a card for a 40th Birthday and as I was using a Sugar Nellie stamp it seemed appropriate to use this week's sketch over at The Sugar Bowl.

As well as the following the sketch, the challenge was to use pearls.

I used a pre-bought card blank as my base. I forgot I had these, usually I make my own out of Bazzill, but having discovered them, felt that I ought to use one! I inked the edges of the card with gold ink.

The patterned paper I have used is Cosmo Cricket ~ Dutch Girl: Klara and I have used both sides of this.

Here is my card.



The '40!' and the bracket are pieces of chipboard which I stamped with pale blue ink and clear embossed, before inking the edges with gold. The 'happy birthday' sentiment was part of one of those flimsy freebie sets you sometimes get with magazines. It was the perfect colour for what I needed. I glued it to some chipboard, inked the edges with gold and I'm actually quite pleased with how it came out so I'm glad I never threw these away!

The image is of course Fizz by Leanne Ellis, just love those legs! I coloured her with my copics.
For the 'photo corner' I used a little piece of lace and stitched on some tiny buttons in red and blue.
The scroll in the top right corner is a K & Co rub on and just perfect for filling up the blank space I had.
Finally, I added some nice chunky flat pearls to the right hand side of my card.

Thank you for looking.
kat - keeley
having a {me} day

5 comments:

Kim x said...

What a cute card Kat. Love your image and your colouring is fab. Beautifully embellished too!
Kim x

Lilian said...

Great card and beautiful coloring!

Thanks for joining the Sugar Bowl challenge and hope to see you in the next one too :)

Ittybittyinkspotstoo said...

She is going to love it!! What a great card! Your coloring as always, SPOT ON!! Love the layout and all your extra's!!!
AWESOME!!
hugz
deb

Kathy said...

Wow I just love your card Kat!! The colors and papers are so pretty and your details (the corner ~ wow) are so pretty!! Love your coloring as well!!
Thanks so much for joining in the challenge :)Kathy

Unknown said...

Thank you for your comment on my blog--it really & truly meant a lot to me.

I want you to know how much I enjoy your blog--you are SOOOO talented!! I want you to contact me at saigegrace@live.com about a design team opportunity coming up.

Take care!
Gracie