Sunday 17 May 2009

getting sticky


Today I have been getting sticky in the Sugar Bowl where they have a fabulous sketch for this week's challenge:

The additional ingredient to the challenge is to use buttons.

For my card I used papers from the Crate Paper ~ Sweet Branch collection, which I matted and stitched with my sewing machine.

For the three horizontal lines in the sketch, I used sheer white ribbon which I held in place by sewing on a button at each end, in different colours to match the papers. Overall I was trying to accentuate the orange, white and green parts of the papers.

Here is my card:

With the flower decoration, I again kept to the orange white and green theme.
The image is of course a Gorjuss Girl and I coloured her with my copics.
I created the scallop border on each side by layering up inks in graduating shades and then embossing it.

Thank you for looking.
kat - keeley
having a {me} day

3 comments:

Tiets said...

it is a fabulous card..I love the ribbon idea! Thanks for joining the sugar bowl challenge!
Hugs Tiets

Lilian said...

Your card is just lovely! Love your coloring, color combo and the scalloped border is fantastic! Thanks for joining the Sugar Bowl challenge!

Kathy said...

Fabulous card! Love your colors and papers!! Pretty interpretation of the sketch ~ thanks so much for playing along!
:)Kathy